Wednesday, September 19, 2007

There's no such thing as a free lunch but there are free poker books!!

Okay okay so Hectorjelly wasn't on Primetime last night. I can only report on what I am told and report on it I did. The interview will now be be shown on Thursday evening (worryingly however these are the words of the same source!). Maybe they are shooting more content or extended interview footage? Maybe they are doing a piece on Northern Rock's impact on the poker community> Daragh could be playing the role of disgruntled poker player/Northern Rock customer? I think he just got his dates mixed up.

There was some poker-related television shown last night that went ahead in the shape of the Ladbrokes Poker Million. Much to my annoyance it was the customary celebrity heat episode that was aired. Ex Westlife member Bryan McFadden landed the spoils in a typically novicey affair. The best of a bad bunch, McFadden I believe has as much chance of going on to win the poker million as I have with fellow heat contestant Danielle Lloyd. Lets hope Roy and Jesse will deliver some quality poker action next week with the competition starts proper.

Last night I played some poker in an online qualifier for the Padraig Parkinson Simon Community tournament. It was a $20 re buy affair and I donated somewhere around the $100 mark. I didn't win the sat in fact I didn't even come close.

Thank you to Paul "macspower" for donating some poker books to me. A nice gesture from a top bloke, all I can do is say thank you and may the poker gods let you start winning with AA! The books by Cloutier and McEvoy (who incidentally are not qualified to talk about poker according to LuckyLloyd. He claims their teachings are dated). Perhaps you can recommend me some Lloyd? I for one would have taught their knowledge was useful. Maybe I'm wrong...

No comments: