Saturday, June 28, 2008

Vegas Pt.4

Been steadying the ship the last few days after my abysmal start. Played in the RIO, the Venetian and Binions, the latter of which was the most profitable/enjoyable. I pretty much broke even over the 3 sessions which is a result I guess. I've been playing horribly in spots and making a lot of silly errors still which is most unlike me. In one hand in Binions I got in a pot with Mad Marty Wilson and rivered a gutshot only for me to call his check-raise with the nuts, much to the amazement the table. I thought I had a one-card straight and was behind to 9-10 and thus only called.

I have to improve my concentration levels. I'm taking no interest in hands other then my own and even with them I'm making mistakes. I'm actually playing some really sub-par poker at the moment. My gosh I just hope I can cut this out and start playing better.

Tomorrow I play the $1500 WSOP tournament. It's a gamble fest but I'm going to take a shot. Mansion have given me a nice incentive to play it so I think it's a sound decision. It being my first WSOP event I guess I'm kinda excited. I hope to run as deep as possible obviously but win lose or draw I shall be using this as one of probably two warm-up tourneys for the WSOP ME.

More updates tomorrow.

No comments: