Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vegas Pt3

No more silly stories/incidents today, things have taken too sharp a turn. Having wasted the first few days blowing money, it was time to start playing poker. I've blown a considerable amount of money gambling, something which I rarely do. I am a gambler but the first three days in Vegas I gambled with elements of compulsion and recklessness. Going in to yesterday, my mindset was all wrong for poker. I was tilted, I was tired and I was unhappy.

Played three 2/5 sessions and lost a full buy-in of 500 in each. Once in the Venetian which was very tough, I was outplayed. The other two in the RIO which was a lot softer but I was defeated before I even sat down. I lost a full buy-in forcing a gut shot on the flop in one. When I finally left I was asked for money which I had owed and forgotten about from a friend, another 500 down.

At 11pm last night I returned to the Gold Coast exhausted. My body felt so drained and I was almost in a state of depression. This is an incredibly dangerous place and the utmost discipline is needed. Something I have been lacking.

The good news is today I feel much better. I'm not going to gamble, not once. I'm going to drop down to 1/3 and start afresh. I'm not going to let results affect me, I am going to play each hand as it comes. The HORSE tournament is on and I'm going to spectate at that, somewhat ironically I gambled hard on it before I left.

I'm hoping for a change of attitude by the end of today rather than a change in luck. I hope I can achieve it.

2 comments:

Collie said...

Lol, for a second there I thought you were going to play in a HORSE tournament, for a change of pace. You know losing 3 buyins is no big deal, especially when getting used to new surroundings and the climate/ atmosphere in general. I'm sure a few solid hours in the 1/3 game will cheer you up, and help you settle in.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzu6pCCPPT0

I hope this cheers you up.
Sammy