Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Stewards Enquiry

My WSOP adventure is over. 14 days after I won my ticket on Everest Poker, I received the crushing email from support telling me I was out. They also advised me that my account will now be closed. For days I was longing for justice. A change of decision. A change of heart. Something that the powers to be were lacking.

Its ironic that I should grieve on this blog as this is the very portal which cost me $13,000 and my Everest account. But what happened is history. There is no point stopping this blog or my activity on boards. It is giving in. I toyed with that very idea since the faithful day. I wanted to give up on the Irish online poker community forever. But that would be conceding defeat.

This whole episode has been a defeat. I have been a victim of circumstance. If common sense was to prevail I would still have my ticket. I was FORCED to play in another house. I was FORCED to switch to a third house. I was FORCED to play with other people. I cannot emphasise this enough. As it happens I involuntarily broke the rules. As many people argued this is perhaps manslaughter rather than a murder case (bar the fact I didn't kill anyone). So why must I be given the harshest punishment possible? Account closure and ticket confiscation is a tough punishment for my "crime".

Try as I have, Everest will not budge. I can do no more. I have won the race against 52 other players and won the satellite. I won the package. The stewards enquiry that ensued is what I have lost.

It's now time to qualify again.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

fuckin right pal,qualify and bury them all

goodluck2me said...

So was it a level of not gary, come on?

Mellor said...

The level will announced as soon as Gar is sponsored a la SorelMizzi

Angelo said...

hey guys I found this site is a great online poker room www.doingpoker.com check it out

El_Stuntman said...

glad to see that you're getting on with things (i.e. like qualifying for and winning the WSOP)

fuck the begrudgers, karma will get them in the end

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smurph said...

Gary,
You know my opinion on this, my heart is very sad, my head thinks Everest made the right decision. Nice to see you straight back on the horse and trying to qualify, look your even getting spam emails, always a good sign.

chin up, might see you at JP's game, I'll buy you a pint.

Jackyback said...

pretty gutted for you man

dokearney said...

Got wind of this over in Manchester and my reaction was that I was gutted for you, and hoped you'd be able to bounce back quick. I'm glad to see you have the mental strength to do that: it'll stand to you long term in poker when this will just appear as a blip in the rear view mirror.

Must have been pretty devastating but ultimately I think you'll be a stronger poker player for it, and I wish you good luck in your attempts to qualify again. Lord knows you deserve it.

lyspy said...

Hi Gary,

I'm setting up a new site on irish poker. Would you like to have your blog pulished there ?